Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another promo shopping trip...

I made it back to Albies to finish my shopping and it went MUCH smoother this time around and it was a really quick, short trip, so that is always a plus. Alright, so I am going to do another breakdown of my shopping trip, so you can get more ideas of how a promo shopping trip goes. I really only got a bunch of a few different items, so it was super-easy, oh wait...if you read my previous blog, you'll know that you should never assume it will be EASY! Something can always go wrong! Lol. Any way...here ya go...here is my picture and list, then I will break down the transactions following. I only shopped the ConAgra promo, which was spend $25, receive a $10 OYNSO (catalina coupon to use on your next store order)


Transaction #1
24 - Chef Boyardee bowls = $24.00
(don't worry, there were tons left on the shelves still!)
1 - Hunt's Diced Tomatoes = $1.00
Total $25.00

I then used 8-$.35/3 Chef Boyardee, which would bring my OOP to $22.09, plus I received a $10 OYNSO, but this did not include one of my Chef Boyardee bowls (see notes below) so my OOP was actually $21.20.

#2
10 - Kids Cuisine = $18
2 - Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees = $4
1 - Healthy Choice Complete Meal = $2
1 - Hunt's Tomatoes = $1
Total $25.00

I then used 3-$50/2 Kid Cuisine (that I got out of a blinkie a few weeks ago), 1-$1/2 Kid Cuisine (that was a peelie from a previous Kid Cuisine box that Grandpa bought Weston and gave to me), 1-$1/1 Healthy Choice Complete Meal, and 1-$1/2 Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees. This would bring my total down to 22.28. My total was actually $23.28 because he added the Chef Boyardee bowl ($1) that I didn't pay for last time onto this transaction (see notes below)

**Notes: Again, if you read my previous blog, you will know that things didn't go very smoothly for my first two transactions. The transactions I listed are what I MEANT to do, to give you an idea, but now I will tell you what I ACTUALLY did, on accident (so you can maybe learn from MY mistake). For the first transaction, I put 23 of the CB bowls on the belt, but one was hiding under Kennedy's blanket, so it didn't get rung up. Therefore, after I paid, since my total only came to $24, my $10 cat didn't print. :( I couldn't figure out why at first, since I knew I had added to $25 when I planned my list, not realizing that that one was hiding. When I found it, he was very nice and did a "fake" transaction of a bunch of Chef Boyardee's so the coupon would come out, then he "refunded" me the money for all of those (but I never actually had to pay for it) So that got fixed. HOWEVER, he was already part way through ringing up my next transaction when I realized that no coupon had come out from the first one. So he couldn't do the fake transaction until after that one, therefore, I didn't get to use the $10 cat from my first transaction on my second transaction like I had planned. That's why my second transaction's total is so high...it should have had a $10 cat applied to it if I hadn't messed up. No matter though, now I just have $20 OYNSO to use next time instead of only $10. Either way, I still get the money savings, I just didn't get it applied to this trip like I should have. Oh well...that's what happens when you go shopping with your kids who were up before 6am! Lol.

#3
16 - Hunt's Manwich = $16.00
4 - Crunch 'n Munch = $4.00
2 - Marie Callenders Pasta Al Dente = $5.00
Total: $25.00

I then used 8-$.40/2 Manwich, 2-$1/2 Crunch 'n Munch, and used one of my $10 cats, bringing my OOP down to $8.05.
#4
10 - Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees =$20.00
2 - Healthy Choice Complete Meals = $4.00
1 - Hunt's Diced Tomatoes = $1.00
Total: $25.00
I then used 5-$1/2 HC All Natural Entrees, 1-$1/2 HC Complete Meals, and used one of my $10 cats, bringing my OOP down to $9.00

So..the total amount that my groceries should have cost is $170.88. I got them for $61.53, but also still have TWO $10 OYNSO left.


That's a savings of $109.35, which is 63%. If I hadn't messed up on the first transaction, I could have used one of my $10 cats on my second transaction, which would have made my total savings $119.35 and my total spend $51.53, which would be a savings of 73% and I still would have had a $10 cat left for a future purchase. However, of course I did mess up, so my savings doesn't seem as big, but I still have $20 in cats left to use on my next purchase, so that will be a few free items! Gotta love Albies! How did everyone's shopping trips go last week? Anyone score some great savings? I'd love to hear about them in a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I was just wondering about the crunch n munch coupon, on the coupon it says 12 oz or larger and the albertsons ad says on 4 oz box, so how does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...soo...I never even noticed on the coupon that it was for 12oz or larger...:( I did, in fact, buy the 4oz boxes, but they still took my coupon. They probably didn't notice either. :( Oops. Not much can be done now, but you're right. That coupon cannot be used on those items, as they are the wrong size. Good catch!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! :)