Sunday, October 4, 2009

September Totals...

I can't believe how much time has gone by since I blinked last. Lol. Another month has come and gone and it's time for me tally up my totals and share how much I spent and saved.

I have to say that it has been really hard for me to spend less. Lol. I keep winding up spending more (and saving more, mind you) than I plan to. I have been in total "stock-up" mode and just keep stocking up and stocking up as much as I can and not really budgeting. So, I have decided that September was the last month to work completely on stocking up. From October forward, I will start alloting myself a weekly/monthly budget and will do my best to meet the budget without going a penny over. I will start at what I feel is reasonable and work my way down until I am, hopefully, at the same level as the other thrifty mommies who budget $50/week.

I have a family of 5, including two in diapers, so I think I will start with $100/week. I think that's reasonable, when you consider that this will include ALL of my household items, including diapers, make-up, cleaning su0pplies, etc. Plus, I was easily spending more than $100 at Walmart each week ONLY groceries and food items before starting couponing. Who knows...maybe I will wind up not needing nearly that much. I am going to allow myself $100/week and $430.00/mo (4.3 weeks). I might spend only $50 one week, but then $150 the next, but as long as I don't go over $430.00 for the entire month, I will consider that a success.

That said, I will give you the totals for this month...

Things that ARE included in my totals:
*Food (not including dining out)
*Diapers (for two kids)
*Cleaning supplies (air fresheners, household cleaners, laundry items, etc.)
*Toiletries (hair products, deodorant, feminine products, paper products, etc)
*Make-up/Cosmetics
*Medicine & health related items (non-prescription)
*Office Supplies (including school supplies)

Items NOT included in my totals:
*Any of the above items that are purchased with the sole intent of being a gift
*Clothing
*Dining out
*Prescription Meds
*Toys

My total out-of-pocket for the month of Semptember was $559.40. BUT, I received $63.25 in rebates in the mail, including the following:
$3.99 - Goody Ouchless headband
$5.00 - Zantac
$29.26 - RiteAid SCR
$5.00 - Tyson Skillet Creations
$20.00 - Kraft

So, my adjusted OOP for September was $496.15! The amount everything I bought SHOULD have cost me? $2129.70!!! I saved $1633.55 or 77%!! I only need to shave $66.15 off to reach my goal of $430 for next month. I think that will be a cinch and wouldn't be surprised if I manage to stay under $400 or less. Sooo exciting to finaly see it go down. I also still have $32 in RR's to spend like cash at Walgreens, and have will be submitting rebates for $2.49 from Palmolive, $10 for RiteAid Fall of Savings rebate, $10 from Fuel for School (I hadn't sent it in until a week ago), and am still awaiting $6 from Filtrete. So, $28.49 submitted for rebates this month.

I also saved $.75/gallon on gas, which saved us $12.09! We did not purchase much in gas this month.

Alright, there ya go! I have also added a few things to my stockpile, like soup, crackers, cookies, foundation, gum, chicken, hamburger, feminine products, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! :)