Thursday, December 31, 2009

Walgreen's trip 12/27

There are some great deals at Walgreen's this week! Click HERE to check them out. If you're new to Walgreen's shopping and want to learn more, check out my Walgreen's 101 post HERE.


I bought all of the above items that SHOULD have cost me $151.41, but I only paid $20.10! Plus, I still have a $10 RR to use like cash on a future purchase. I saved $131.31 or 87%! I thought I would be able to get it all for $10.10, but I was unable to roll the Vick's and Pepto RR's like I wanted to, as they are both Proctor & Gamble RR's. I'll explain more about that later on.

I did this in 4 transactions, rolling RR's to lower my out of pocket cost. I also had $22 in RR's from the previous week to help lower my initial cost.

Transaction 1
3 Pepto Bismol 48ct chewables ($4.99/ea)
8 Christmas gift sacs (on clearance for 4/$.48) I bought these because I wanted to use seven $2 RR's from last week and I had to get my coupon:item even. (more info on the coupon:item in my Walgreen's 101 post)

I used 3 $.50/1 Pepto MFQ (there was a $1/1 Pepto Instacool Chewables in the Healthy Savings booklete, but my local Walgreen's doesn't even carry this item, unfortunately. So, I was unable to save an additional $3! I still felt that it was a good deal to get them for $1.16 per box.
Total: $14.43 after coupons
I used seven $2 RR's to bring my total down to $.43 plus tax. After paying, I received a $10 RR for purchasing 3 or more Pepto products.

Transaction 2
Vick's Baby Rub ($4.49)
Vick's Vapo Rub ($4.a9)
3 Vicks DayQuil/NyQuil liquid ($4.99)
1 Puffs tissue ($.89)
4 Christmas gift sacs ($.48)
Christmas ribbon ($.33)

I used 3 $1.50/1 Dayquil/Nyquil, 2-$.55/1 any Vick's, 1-"Buy 2 Vick's products, get free Puffs."
Total after coupons: $19.16. I paid with the $10 RR from the Pepto on the previous transaction, plus 4 more $2 RR's from last week, bringing my OOP down to $1.16. Plus, I got back another $10 for buying $20 in Vick's products (that's before manufacturer coupons).

Transaction 3
2 Honey Nut Cheerios (2/$4)
4 Christmas gift sacs ($.48)
3 Pepto various products ($4.99/ea)

I used 3-$.50/1 any Pepto product, 2-$1/1 Honey Nut Cheerios HERE.
Total after coupons: $15.95. This is where I ran into problems. Since I was able to pay with the Pepto RR for the Vick's and still have an RR print, I assumed it would be the same reversed. It wasn't. When I paid with the $10 RR from the Vick's on this transaction, it did NOT print another RR for the Pepto. Grr. So, I had them void the transaction and we started over. This time I did NOT pay with the $10 RR, and the $10 RR for the Pepto printed. So I did pay $15.95 OOP and then had the $10 RR print and a $2 RR print for the Cheerios (remember, you do not have to buy the milk for the RR to print!). So then I was left with TWO $10 RR's.

Transaction 4
2 - Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner starter kits ($13.99/ea)
4 - Shower cleaner refills ($5.29/ea)

The promo is buy one starter kit, get a refill free, so already two of the refills were free (-$10.58). Then I used two "Buy one refill, get one free" IPs HERE to make the other two free. Then I used two $7 off one starter kit IPs HERE. That brought my total after coupons to 14.56. I then paid with one of the $10 RR's and the $2 RR from the previous transaction, making my OOP $2.56 plus tax!

So, total spent out of pocket was $20.10 and I still have a $10 RR left! Not bad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! :)