Thursday, June 11, 2009

Am I REALLY saving money?

The first few weeks and even months, it will be difficult to see the savings like you will after the beginning period. For one, you'll gain much more experience and confidence in what you're doing over time. For two, you will have more and more of the coupons you need to be able to buy more items over time. For three, there will be less and less that you NEED to buy...over time.

In my previous post, I told how I stocked up on a few things...laundry detergent, spaghetti sauce, yogurt, and desserts, to name a few. So even though I'm spending more right NOW for those items then I normally would in a regular trip to the supermarket, I will be spending less in the long-run both because I'm buying it at a GREAT discount price, but also because now I've stocked up on those items and won't have to buy them for my next 10, 15, 20+ shopping trips! So you're spending more (upfront) to save more (later on). It's definitely worth the investment! You will see the savings increase over time. Just think how much you'll be saving in six months when you have every coupon they call for and your food storage is in great shape!

At first, however, it won't seem like you're saving very much, because you're spending money on things you don't necessarily NEED right at that moment, but that you WILL need and are buying now because that's what's on sale, and all the while STILL having to buy your regular weekly stuff that you need in the mean time that ISN'T on sale. But, just hang in there. As you start stocking up on everything from laundry detergent to brownie mix, shampoo to cereal...it will start paying off more and more!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted you to know that if you go on to the idahopress.com website, look under blogs and there is one called liveoncoupons, they are going to have a free coupon class june 16 7:30 in caldwell. I was thinking you could post the information on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! :)